Oh look, we won a new color! [sarcasm font]Continue reading Hiatus Update 2
When we went on hiatus in November, we set a tentative reopening date for January 15th. We crossed our fingers that we would be completely wrong about a post-Thanksgiving spike/winter surge, and that the numbers would stay flat. If that happened, we figured we could open in January.Continue reading Hiatus Update 1
So as not to bury the lede, let’s start here: Float is going on hiatus from Thanksgiving, November 26th, through January 15th.
What’s driving this decision? Mainly, Covid numbers in our area are critical, and not showing any signs of leveling off. We saw that Canada experienced a big spike after their Thanksgiving in early October, and there’s every reason to believe we’ll follow suit. But above all else, with case numbers rising out of control, Colin and I can no longer in good conscience expect our staff to continue to leave their houses every day and come to work under these circumstances.Continue reading Going on Hiatus
We are almost there. We fixed the too-excitingly broken filter housing in Room 4! Our little UV boats, after testing and modification, don’t capsize in the whirling whitewater that is a float tank cleaning cycle! We’ve been figuring out how the new cleaning and sanitizing procedures work in the time constraints between float appointments!Continue reading Path to Reopening Update 4