Hiatus Update 4

If you missed our original hiatus decision post, you can read it here. Tl;dr: Covid numbers were uncontrolled and we wanted our staff to stay at home. Previous updates can be found under the Covid-19 tag.

I’m a little late in posting this, so let me frontload the news: we did have a discussion on the 15th, and ultimately decided to hold off on reopening. We don’t think Massachusetts will be in the right place by the end of the month. But, since our last update, we’ve started flirting with the Critical/High dividing line. This is great, and we’re hopeful we’ll continue heading in this direction. It’s the first time it made sense to look closely at the numbers, listen to the guidance, and actually have a discussion about reopening!

If you’d like to look at this graph, and others including transmission rates, positivity rates, hospitalizations, and (new!) vaccination rates, you can see the Massachusetts page on CovidActNow.org here.

In the interests of transparency and regular communication, our next meeting is March 1st to discuss reopening on March 18th. You can expect another update within a couple days of that decision point.

In the meantime, if you haven’t already, please consider following us on social media (we’re on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook), or signing up for our monthly newsletter.

Stay safe!

Sara

About Sara

Sara is a co-founder of Float, and has been a licensed massage therapist since 2003. The problems of two people may not amount to a hill of beans in this world, but this is our hill, and these are our beans.

Leave a Reply